Making meals from scratch helps me to know exactly what’s going into the foods I eat. Making my own dressing is no different!
I like to use my salad dressing maker to create my dressings and vinaigrettes. This makes it easier to keep in the fridge. Plus, should the ingredients separate between uses, I can simply shake up the dressing before I use it again!
So, about this Apple Cider Vinaigrette…
This vinaigrette is so tasty and very easy to make… I almost hate to call it a recipe!
In it, you’ve got this great sweet and spicy combo that uses honey, mustard, garlic and extra virgin olive oil – just add some salt and pepper to taste and you’re good to grill!
Like many of my homemade dressings, this will keep in the fridge approximately 7 days – however, this one’s a household favorite, so it doesn’t last that long!
It also delivers quite the punch as a marinade for chicken and fish! And don’t forget to flavor your favorite veggies on the grill!
One last thing, since you’ll be using extra virgin olive oil, make sure you use a high-quality oil for best results! You’ll be glad you did!
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Here’s what you need:
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp spicy mustard such as Dijon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Let’s put it all together:
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, mustard and garlic.
- Whisk the ingredients continuously while adding the oil.
- Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
- Feel free to play around with this dressing! You might find that you like a little more garlic and a little less mustard! Make it your own!
- When storing in the fridge, if you don’t have a salad maker, simply store it in a mason jar, or use a resealable container.
- If the ingredients separate, give it a good shake before using.
- For best results, use apple cider vinegar with the mother.
- Use a high-quality extra virgin olive oil for the best flavor.
- Not just for salads, this dressing can be used as a marinade for your chicken and fish recipes; and it’s great for grilled veggies!
Hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
Until next time,
Peace, love and safe travels!
(P.S. Thank you for using my affiliate links. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you! Both mom and I appreciate your support! ❤)