With warmer weather making its way to us down here in the South, I know that I can look forward to eating more salads.
However, a person can get bored always eating the same salad time and time again, making you feel more like a rabbit instead of human!
Still, this salad is not only delicious, it’s so simple to make!
I use apples, berries, pecans and cheddar cheese with an Apple Cider Vinaigrette dressing to give it a nice twist from traditional salads…
…and, when I don’t have fresh ingredients on hand, I know I can always use from my pantry stash of freeze-dried fruits and cheeses, which you can find here, or in the links in the recipe!
Leafy Green and Fruit Salad
Here’s what you need:
- 6 ounces of your favorite leafy greens – (I usually start with a bed of spinach or romaine)
- 1 cup Fuji Apples, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups of Blackberries or strawberries, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup of cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of toasted pecan pieces
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette dressing
Let’s put it all together:
- Toast pecans on the stovetop by placing them in a dry stainless-steel skillet over medium heat, making sure to stir frequently until golden brown and fragrant – about 5 minutes.
- Place all salad ingredients in a bowl and toss gently with enough dressing to coat. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Try using these cheeses for a twist on your salad: Feta, Goat or Gorgonzola.
- Making a larger batch of toasted pecans? Place them on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees.
Until next time,
Peace, love and safe travels!
(P.S. Thank you for using my affiliate links. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you! Both mom and I appreciate your support! ❤)