There’s nothing better than farm fresh eggs, straight from the hen, for breakfast!
So, what better way to eat those eggs, than by enjoying your basic omelet?!?
And, if you want, you can change it up by adding a few of your favorite meats and veggies! I like to add some spinach, feta cheese and tomatoes!
For the perfect, basic omelet, all you need are butter, eggs, salt and pepper, a pan (I prefer a good non-stick such as this one). That’s it! So let’s get started!
Here’s what you need:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add these ingredients to make the Spinach and Feta Omelet
- 1/2 cup fresh, chopped spinach leaves
- 2 Tbsp. chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled Feta cheese
Now, let’s put it all together:
- Whisk together, the eggs, salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in the pan. Swirl the butter around in the pan to coat the bottom and sides.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Let it sit for a minute undisturbed, allowing it to begin to set.
- With a rubber scraper, gently push one edge of the egg into the center of the pan, tilting slightly, allowing the still liquid egg to flow underneath. Repeat with the other edges until there is no liquid left. It it begins to stick, simply loosen the bottom with a spatula.
- If you’re making the Spinach and Feta Omelet, here’s where you’ll want to add the spinach, tomato and cheese to one half of the egg.
- Using a spatula or rubber scraper, fold the egg onto itself and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Finish, by sliding the omelet onto a plate and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Until next time,
Peace, love and safe travels!