Between my schedule at work, taking mom on outings, writing, working on my photography, and all the other ‘stuff’ that needs doing, I am as busy as a beaver!
With all that I have to do, and still take care of myself, having time to make a healthy meal can be challenging! Therefore, I am always on the look out for quick meals that are not just healthy, but also quick and easy to make!
This Lemon Artichoke Pasta not only fits the bill, it can also be made in the microwave! For me, this is a no-brainer! Not only is it quick to make, it also keeps me from heating up the whole camper! With all the muggy, high temperatures we have been having lately, this is a win in my book!
Lemon Artichoke Pasta
Here’s what you need:
- 12 oz. uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 4 cups chicken stock/broth
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh parsley, loosely packed
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 tsp Lemon Garlic Rub
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 oz. fresh Parmesan cheese, finely grated (roughly 1/2 cup)
- salt, optional
Let’s put it all together:
- Add the spaghetti, broth and lemon juice to a microwave safe dish. I use my Pampered Chef 4 quart Dutch Oven. Microwave covered for 8 minutes.
- In a food processor, finely chop the parsley. Add the artichokes, oil, rub and garlic. Process again, scraping down the sides of the bowl until the artichokes are coarsely chopped.
- Carefully remove the Dutch Oven from the microwave and stir. Return to the microwave, covered, for an additional 8 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- Trim the ends off the zucchini and cut into 3 inch julienne strips (about 2 cups).
- Add the artichoke mixture, zucchini and parmesan to the Dutch Oven. Toss to coat, Let stand, covered for 5 minutes. Season with salt if you want, and serve.
- If you would like to make this recipe vegetarian, substitute vegetable stock for the chicken broth.
- For added protein, serve with grilled chicken, shrimp or cannellini beans.
Hope you enjoy this recipe!
Until next time,
Peace, love and safe travels,
P.S. Thank you for using my affiliate links. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you! Mom and I appreciate your support! ❤