It’s August! And here in Southern PA, that means it’s HOT!
Who wouldn’t want to enjoy a cone or bowl of their favorite ice cream?!?
It’s even better when you can make it at home and not have to make the trip to the store to get it!
With just 4 ingredients, this recipe is seriously easy to make, and is ready in about 20 minutes for a soft-serve consistency!
Want scoopable ice cream? Just pop it in the freezer!
And, it’s so easy to adapt and make some of your summertime favorites as well! Chocolate, Strawberry or even Rocky Road!
You do need a ice cream maker, and just to clarify… for this recipe, I use the Pampered Chef Ice Cream Maker.
I don’t know about you, but I’m getting hungry for some ice cream, so let’s get to making!
Basic Vanilla Ice Cream
Here’s what you need:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Let’s put it all together!
- Place the bowl of the Ice Cream Maker into the freezer on the coldest setting for at least 24 hours.
- Combine the ingredients in a large bowl and whisk for 1 minute, or until the sugar is dissolved. Place the bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes, or until mixture reaches 45F.
- Remove said bowl from the freezer and attach the assembled clear lid to the bowl.
- Set the timer for 20 minutes. Once the paddle starts rotating, pour the cream mixture into the bowl.
- When the Ice Cream Maker stops turning, check to see if it’s ready. The mixture should be a soft serve consistency. Add more time until you get the thickness you desire.
- For a more scoopable ice cream, cover the bowl, and set in the freezer for at least 2-4 hours.
Here’s how to make some of your summertime favorite variations!
- Chocolate Ice Cream – Add 1/2 cup chocolate syrup to the mixture and churn the ice cream for about 25-30 minutes.
- Strawberry Ice Cream – Add 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries to the mixture and churn the ice cream for 25-30 minutes.
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream – Add 6-7 chopped Oreo cookies to the mixture after the ice cream churning is finished
- Rocky Road Ice Cream – Add in the following ingredients after the churning is done: 1 cup mini marshmallows, 1/2 cup sliced almonds, 1/3 cup chocolate chips, chopped.
Now that we’ve made our delicious treat, let’s eat up!
Until next time,
Peace, love and safe travels!
(Thank you for using my affiliate links. I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you! I truly do appreciate your support ❤)