I love making meals that are easy to put together and this recipe fits the bill!
While it calls for 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, I do like to substitute it with Seasoned Chicken Slices that you can find here. It adds a splash of seasoning without the added fuss! I also like to switch things up and use broccoli instead of the asparagus, making this dish quite versatile!
Creamy Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
Here’s what you need:
- 4 cups rotini pasta
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (or use the Seasoned Chicken Slices found here)
- 1 1/2 cup Asparagus
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups Sour Cream Powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 1-3 garlic cloves, depending on your taste)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Now, let’s put it all together:
- In a sauce pan, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dice the chicken breast and brown in the skillet reducing the heat an covering with a lid.
- When the chicken is cooked through, add the asparagus along with the chicken broth.
- Whisk in Sour Cream Powder and the garlic. Then simmer.
- Once the past is ready, strain the water and stir into the chicken and asparagus mix.
- Let simmer, stirring occasionally until sauce is thickened.
- Add parmesan cheese and add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Until next time,
Peace, love and safe travels!