Let’s face it! We love making sandwiches, but even more so, we enjoy eating them!
It’s nice when a recipe is tasty, and even better when it’s easy!
Once again, I am using some of my freeze dried canned goods to make this delicious and oh so easy recipe! Using our shredded beef and veggies, I can make this recipe in only 15 minutes!
Simply toss the shredded beef in a pan and get it going with the onions, red bell peppers and the ‘to die for’ sauce!
Simply stir up the soy sauce, tomato paste, garlic and beef broth.
Soak the meat and veggies in the savory sauce, toss it in a bun, and get your grub on!
It’s an excellent recipe for lunch and dinner, or even a quick throw-together meal as you’re heading out the door to work or soccer practice!
What you need:
- 2 cups Shredded Beef
- 1 cup Onion Slices
- 1 cup Red Bell Peppers
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- Steak or Hoagie rolls, split and warmed
- Slices of provolone cheese (or which ever cheese your prefer)
Here’s the low-down on how to make it:
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the shredded beef, onions, red bell peppers, beef broth, tomato paste, soy sauce, and garlic. Simmer for 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced. Spoon on rolls and top with cheese.
Tips from the kitchen:
- You can use your fresh produce in this recipe, just adapt the amount of broth – you won’t need as much! And to save time in the kitchen use pre-cooked beef!
- If there are any leftovers, the shredded beef mixture makes a great topper for a baked potato!
- This recipe also works well with shredded pork, chicken or turkey too!
See, quick and oh so easy-peasy!
Peace, love and safe travels!