With the growing season only just beginning to get underway, I find I am having to rely on using my supply of freeze-dried canned goods. Here’s where I get mine!
If you already have fresh produce coming in from your garden, you can certainly use it in this recipe… just cut back on the amount of broth you use!!
How to make Steamed Green Beans with Red Bell Peppers
What you need:
- 2 cups Red Bell Peppers
- 2 cups Green Beans
- 1/2 cup Onion Slices
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3/4 tsp salt or favorite seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups broth (I use homemade chicken bone broth, but your favorite broth will work, or you can simply use water)
How to make:
- In a medium sized skillet, saute the garlic with the butter until it’s lightly caramelized and has a nice golden color.
- toss the dry ingredients in the skillet with the salt or seasoning of choice, then add the broth or water..
- Stir together thoroughly.
- place the lid on top and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Once the veggies are fully cooked, you’re ready to go!
Tips from the kitchen:
- Freeze dried foods crisp up fast, so make sure you measure out all your ingredients first.
- You can use your fresh from the garden produce, you’ll just need to cut back on the amount of broth you use.
- Pairs nicely as a side for grilled chicken, or add cooked chicken to the recipe for a great stir-fry!
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
Until next time,
Peace, love and safe travels!