With a renewed vigor and purpose to eating healthier, I have sought out some of my favorite recipes that are both delicious and easy to make!
Here’s one of my favorite ‘go-to’ meals!
Quick and Easy Chicken Fajitas
- 2 medium green or red bell peppers
- 2 medium onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 lime
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning or Chipotle Rub
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 flour tortilias
- optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa and guacamole
How to make:
- Thinly slice the chicken into thin strips, then place into a Dutch Oven. Add the seasoning and squeeze the lime over the chicken. Stir to coat.
- Cut off the top of the bell peppers and remove the seeds. Cut each bell pepper into four segments and slice the peppers into strips, then place into the Dutch Oven.
- Cut the onion in half and slay flat side down on the cutting board. Thinly slice the onion and place the slices in the pan. Press the garlic on top of the veggies with a garlic press.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the juice of the thickest parts of the chicken run clear.
- Wrap the tortillas with a damp paper towel and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds or until they are warm. To serve, spoon the chicken and veggie mixture into the centers of the tortillas and top as desired.
Hope you enjoy the recipe as much as I do!
Till next time,
Peace, love and safe travels!